In the upcoming 5/4 update, we’ll be making a pretty large adjustment to the Soul Power recovery rate. This’ll pick up the pace of the game, making it even more exciting. The adjustments are as follows:
- Initial Soul Power: 6→7
- Initial Soul Power recovery rate will be 1.3x the current initial recovery rate
- Recovery rate will no longer change to 1.5x after 60 seconds or 2.5x after 180 seconds
- Over a whole battle, the only point at which the recovery rate will change is after 120 seconds, where the rate will double (i.e. 2.6x the current initial recovery rate)
These changes will alter the gaming experience in the following ways:
- Initial wait time to get to full Soul Power will be shortened from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Total amount of Soul Power that can be used will increase by approximately 10%. Lower cost cards will have a higher probability of all being used up before the time runs out.
To adapt to these adjustments, the contestants can utilize the following battle strategies:
- When creating decks, add more high-cost cards to increase the average Soul Power cost.
- When playing with low-cost decks, refrain from overusing low-cost cards to prevent depleting the deck’s resources too early.
- Be more proactive and act quickly on the battlefield. Since the rate of Soul Power recovery has increased, having a full bar will offer more destructive power over a shorter period of time.
Other effects to consider:
- Arena quests will be easier after the adjustment.
- It may be easier to use up all your cards in some of the Playground modes.
We will assess whether or not these effects need to be addressed in the future.
Since this adjustment will have a rather large effect on the game, we hope players can tell us how they feel about the changes. We’d love to hear from you. We’ll see how this season plays out and listen to your feedback, then discuss whether further changes need to be made. Thanks!