In the upcoming 11/30 update, the following cards will be getting balance changes:
- Energy Beacon: Duration reduced from 40 to 35 seconds.
- Carpet Bombing: Damage per second increased from 210 to 242 (+15%).
- Pulse Tank: Battlecry duration increased from 5 to 6 seconds.
- Catapod: Attack power increased from 162 to 176 (+9%).
- Exhaust: Duration reduced from 12 to 9 seconds.
- Spine Shell: Duration reduced from 12 to 9 seconds.
- Lancer: HP reduced from 1905 to 1835 (-4%).
- Doom Walker: Movement Speed increased from 5.5 to 6.5. HP increased from 2126-2352 (+11%).
(The above stat changes are all based on the card’s lowest level. Percentages are rounded up to the next whole number.)
◎ Balance Change Explanation
For this update, we’ve lowered the duration of some of the strongest spells and structures (Energy Beacon, Exhaust, Spike Shield). We think these changes will still let players utilize their strong effects, while not being overly oppressive.
After analyzing match data, we’ve discovered that Empire vs. Republic matchups are a bit unbalanced, with Empire having the advantage. Apart from reducing Spike Shield’s duration, we hope that the slight reduction to Lancer’s HP, as well as buffs to Pulse Tank and Carpet Bombing can help balance out this matchup.
Our team will continue to monitor the effects these changes have on the battlefield after they go live, and will continue to adjust cards in the future if necessary.
◎More cards incoming!
Apart from these changes, SoE will see 5 all-new Empire cards coming with the update. Please stay tuned to social media for upcoming reveals!
◎The above updates will go live on 11/30
This update will go live on 11/30 at 2:30pm (UTC). If you have any questions or comments regarding these changes, don’t hesitate to leave a comment on Soul of Eden’s Facebook, Discord or Twitter!